Welcome to the Senior Access Points (SAP) website! We’re glad you found us. Maybe you are taking on a new role as “caregiver” to an aging parent or loved one. Maybe you are trying to find ways to live more comfortably and safely at home. Or, maybe you’re interested in learning about the many programs available in Northern Colorado. Whatever your situation, we hope you’ll find something helpful in these pages.
Not sure where to begin? Here are a few ideas:
- Learn about key things that caregivers should know:
- Click on the “12 Resources” link below on this page
- Download up-to-date guides for aging resources in Larimer County:
- Click on Local Resources / Resource Guides / Answers on Aging Resource Guide
- Review local aging-related resource guides and databases along with navigation tips.
- Browse through the topical information relevant to your situation:
- Click on Home / scroll down to the photos / select one of the 9 topic areas
- Need help navigating a complex situation? Get guidance from a live, knowledgeable person:
- Click on the Need Help? tab at the top, and contact an Information and Referral Specialist (I&R) at the Larimer County Office on Aging via email or phone.
- 12 Resources every caregiver should know about
The following organizations, groups and agencies offer caregivers a variety of resources, ranging from support services and webinars to tip sheets, care guides and how-to videos.
- AARP Prepare to Care Guide
This practical tool will help you getting started in caring for your family member or close friend. You’ll find information, resources, and checklists to help you get organized and find the support that you might need. Available in English and Spanish.
- Legal Checklist for Caregiving
Read here for practical advice for keeping track of your loved one’s legal affairs.
- Find Resources Close to Your Home
The Network of Care Service Directory is a comprehensive database that offers information on community resources for older and disabled adults, family caregivers, and community members.
Tips for Navigating the Network of Care Service Directory
- Talking to your health provider
Here are a few tips that can help you take an active role in your health care, talk to your doctor, and make the most of your appointments.
- Find a Local Care Provider
HealthInfoSource.com is a searchable database of local health-related resources in the greater Fort Collins area. Here you can find information about local doctors, dentists, counselors and other healthcare providers in northern Colorado. This service is free to the providers who are listed and free for the public to search. HealthInfoSource.com also includes listings of health-related classes and events, as well as a health topics section.
Tips for Navigating the HealthInfoSource Directory
- Personal Health Record
Use the Network of Care Personal Health Record (PHR) to organize and store important medical and healthcare-related information. The information is stored on a secure, Verisign-encrypted server. Your Network of Care PHR is available whenever and wherever you need it.
Tips for Using the Personal Health Record Feature
- Assistive Devices Database
The Network of Care Assistive Devices Database lists more than 21,000 currently available products from more than 8,000 companies. To find specific products for children or parents with disabilities, we recommend that you use the Advanced Search by Keyword below. Many assistive devices are now covered by Medicaid or Medi-Cal.
Housing & Transportation
- Assessing Housing Options
Understand the many choices available for maintaining independence and receiving the care you need.
- Where can I find affordable transportation services?
Read for general information about transportation options for older adults