Are you or a loved one struggling with dementia, memory issues, or Alzheimer’s? See the information on this page regarding local databases, agencies, and programs to get you started in finding the information, services and supports you need.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, services and hours may change or vary. Please visit each website or call for updated information.
Agencies and Programs
415 Peterson St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- The Alzheimer’s Association provides support for individuals and their caregivers dealing with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Call the number above for access to information, support groups, education, message boards and care consultations.
- Click here to watch videos on caregiver tips.
Virtual Early Stage Programs from Alzheimer’s Association.
If you know anyone who is living in the early stages, join in for these free programs specially designed to help you and your family.
Click here for calendar of program September through December.
- At Dementia Together (previously Dementia Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado), we’re committed to cultivating joy while building stronger connections – for those living with dementia, their care partners, and the community.
Click here for Memory Cafe and virtual gatherings.
Elderhaus Adult Day Program, Inc.
Good news! Elderhaus/Mindset is planning to open in a limited capacity beginning the week of October 12. Call for updated times.
6813 S. College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80525
- Elderhaus provides therapeutic day programs (M-F, 7:30am–5:30pm) in an engaging and nurturing environment for individuals with various dementias, traumatic brain injuries, post-stroke conditions, or similar needs, creating individualized care plans for each. Elderhaus offers affordable private pay options as well as working with Medicaid and VA. Transportation is available within the Fort Collins and Loveland area.
The Seniors Blue Book of Northern Colorado offers a comprehensive guide to aging-related resources, services, and activities in Northern Colorado. You can browse service lists here. Click Tips for Navigating the Seniors Blue Book Resource Guide for helpful suggestions on navigating this database.
- Information on dementia and memory services can be found under the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s Research
- Memory Care Assisted Living Communities
- Coronavirus: Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- Honoring Cyndy Luzinski, Founder/ED of Dementia-Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado
– Cyndy is passionate about her work and giving back to the community.
- Keeping Love Alive Through the Dementia Journey
– Ideas to keep love alive through the dementia journey, whether with a spouse, parent or sibling.
- 5 Lifestyle Tweaks to Help Ward Off Dementia
– Five simple but important steps you can take to help protect yourself from dementia
- How My Husband and I Dealt with Alzheimer’s
– An uplifting personal account of the experiencing and accepting Alzheimer’s disease
- Learning about Alzheimer’s
– This short video shares a poignant memory of how a daughter learned from her mother about Alzheimer’s.
- Learning to Live Well With Dementia – Helpful suggestions and resources for navigating life with dementia.
- Dementia symptoms peak in winter and spring, study finds– Learn about seasonal impacts on dementia symptoms.