Are you or a loved one struggling with dementia, memory issues, or Alzheimer’s? See the information on this page regarding local databases, agencies, and programs to get you started in finding the information, services and supports you need.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, services and hours may change or vary. Please visit each website or call for updated information.
Agencies and Programs
415 Peterson St.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- The Alzheimer’s Association provides support for individuals and their caregivers dealing with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Call the number above for access to information, support groups, education, message boards and care consultations.
- Click here to watch videos on caregiver tips.
Dementia Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado
- Dementia Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado exists to help individuals, businesses, and organizations collaborate in leveraging expertise, resources, activities, and momentum to build and sustain dementia-friendly communities.
Elderhaus Adult Day Program, Inc.
6813 S. College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80525
- Elderhaus provides therapeutic day programs (M-F, 7:30am–5:30pm) in an engaging and nurturing environment for individuals with various dementias, traumatic brain injuries, post-stroke conditions, or similar needs, creating individualized care plans for each. Elderhaus offers affordable private pay options as well as working with Medicaid and VA. Transportation is available within the Fort Collins and Loveland area.
Stepping Stones Adult Day Program
302 3rd St SE Suite 100
Loveland CO 80537
- Stepping Stones Adult Day Program offers participants an opportunity to socialize, build friendships, and enjoy stimulating activities in a safe, caring environment. Stepping Stones offers care Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:30pm. Participants can choose from full or half day sessions, one to five days per week.
The Elder Care Network Member Service Directory can help you find local services. The network consists of 60 member organizations, providing a wide range of services and individual volunteers.
HealthInfoSource is a searchable database of local health-related resources in the greater Fort Collins area. Use the Tips for Navigating the HealthInfoSource Directory for helpful suggestions on navigating this database.
- Information on dementia and memory services can be found at the following link:
The Seniors Blue Book of Northern Colorado offers a comprehensive guide to aging-related resources, services, and activities in Northern Colorado. You can browse service lists here. Click Tips for Navigating the Seniors Blue Book Resource Guide for helpful suggestions on navigating this database.
- Information on dementia and memory services can be found under the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s Research
- Memory Care Assisted Living Communities
- Coronavirus: Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- Honoring Cyndy Luzinski, Founder/ED of Dementia-Friendly Communities of Northern Colorado
– Cyndy is passionate about her work and giving back to the community.
- Keeping Love Alive Through the Dementia Journey
– Ideas to keep love alive through the dementia journey, whether with a spouse, parent or sibling.
- 5 Lifestyle Tweaks to Help Ward Off Dementia
– Five simple but important steps you can take to help protect yourself from dementia
- How My Husband and I Dealt with Alzheimer’s
– An uplifting personal account of the experiencing and accepting Alzheimer’s disease
- Learning about Alzheimer’s
– This short video shares a poignant memory of how a daughter learned from her mother about Alzheimer’s.
- Learning to Live Well With Dementia – Helpful suggestions and resources for navigating life with dementia.
- Dementia symptoms peak in winter and spring, study finds– Learn about seasonal impacts on dementia symptoms.