There are many housing options for older adults in Larimer County. Whether you’re looking for independent living communities, assisted living options, in-home services, or low-income housing programs, you can find the information and guidance you need with the resources provided.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, services and hours may change or vary. Please visit each website or call for updated information.
Agencies and Programs
Estes Park Housing Authority
500 Big Thompson Ave., P.O. Box 1200
Estes Park, CO 80517
- Provides housing options and services for low to moderate income households in Estes Park
Housing Catalyst (Previously Fort Collins Housing Authority)
1715 W. Mountain Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
- Provides housing options and services for low-income households in Fort Collins.
Loveland Housing Authority
375 W. 37th St. #200
Loveland, CO 80538
- Provides housing options and services for low-income households in Loveland.
Neighbor to Neighbor
1550 Blue Spruce Dr.
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- HomeShare matches homeowners 55 years or older with those looking for a home in Larimer County. Accommodations are offered in exchange for an agreed level of support in the form of financial exchange, assistance with household tasks, or simple companionship. Please click here (www.n2n.org) for more information.
3732 Kunz Court
Fort Collins 80526
Everything Medicare Covers Around the House.
This guide covers everything from home modifications, equipment, qualifying for benefits and how to prove medical necessity. Most homes are not suitable for aging residents and these home modifications are critical. Walk-in tubs, hospital beds and wheelchair ramps are among the many home modifications and devices keeping seniors safe. They don’t come cheap, but government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid can defray the cost.
After55.com is a useful website that provides information about various types of housing options for adults over the age of 55 including apartments, independent living communities, manufactured homes, and other homes for sale or rent for seniors, as well as assistant living and memory care options. Use the Search feature to search for housing options that meet your needs in your community.
View the Answers on Aging Resource Guide. an online-viewable PDF booklet with a list of aging-related resources in Larimer County. Use the Tips for Navigating the Answers on Aging Guide for helpful suggestions for navigating this database.
- Information on housing options can be found at the following links:
The Senior Affordable Housing List is a comprehensive list of subsidized housing and reduced rent options designated specifically for seniors.
The Seniors Blue Book of Northern Colorado offers a comprehensive guide to aging-related resources, services, and activities in Northern Colorado. You can access resources in Northern Colorado and browse service lists here. Click Tips for Navigating the Seniors Blue Book Resource Guide for helpful suggestions on navigating this database.
- Information on housing options can be found under the following topic:
- Senior Housing
- 8 Ways to Make Your Place Secure for Older Adults
– Important tips for making sure your home is safe for an older loved one
- PAFC Accessible Housing for Older Adults
– Learn about the housing initiatives being undertaken by the Partnership For Age-Friendly Communities that help older adults stay in their homes.
- How to Talk about Moving to a Retirement Home: ‘It’s a Journey’ – Helpful strategies for easing the decisions and transitions to retirement communities.
- Ways to Cut the High Cost of Senior Housing – Money saving ideas to consider when weighing senior housing options.