Listed below are key agencies and “access points” for gathering the information you need and identifying services that will help you age well in Larimer County.
The Larimer County Office on Aging (LCOA)/ Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado (ADRC) is a helpful starting point for receiving information and assistance, as well as options and benefits counseling. Call: (970) 498-7750
- Find out about programs, services and resources for older adults.
- Get reliable information about government benefits and programs as well as community resources.
- Explore choices for long-term care, and connect to the right services and resources.
- English and Spanish support is available.
Elder Care Network of Northern Colorado is a volunteer organization of community members and providers offering information and services relating to care management, health and healthcare services, legal, and financial services, among other topics. Call: (970) 482-1909
Larimer Advance Care Planning Team can help you begin the conversation about living wills, medical powers of attorney, and the important documents you need to prepare for end-of-life decisions, at no cost. Call: (970) 482-1909
- Click here to access advance directive forms that will help you document your health-care wishes.
- Click here to schedule a free one-on-one appointment with a member of the Advance Care Planning Team.
UC Health Senior Services/Aspen Club
1025 Garfield Street, Ste. A
Fort Collins, CO 80524
2500 Rocky Mountain Ave.
Loveland, CO 80538
- The Aspen Club provides a wide range of program benefits and services including health education, screenings, hospital discounts, social opportunities, and events for adults age 50-plus in northern Colorado. Visit website for current classes and events.
- Free assistance and information about Medicare benefits, supplemental insurance, Medicare Advantage Plans, prescription drug plans, and how Medicare works with employer plans. Information on Medicare Savings Programs and assistance with Low Income Subsidy (LIS) applications.
Health District of Northern Larimer County
120 Bristlecone Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- The Health District provides residents of northern Larimer County with dental, mental health, and preventive health services, in addition to connecting people to more affordable prescription and health insurance options.
- Heart-health screenings, heart disease prevention, blood pressure checks, cholesterol tests, and smoking cessation classes with individualized counseling. Call or visit their website for more information.
Larimer Health Connect
144 N. Mason St. #7
Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Larimer Health Connect offers support in reviewing health insurance options including assistance with Medicaid and CHP+ applications. Assistance offered in understanding your current insurance benefits and making changes to your benefits.
- Make an appointment online or by calling the number above.
Resource Guides and Databases
The Answers on Aging Resource Guide is an online guide to aging-related resources in Larimer County. It provides contact information for housing options, family caregiver support, transportation services, in-home care, and much more. This is a great starting point to find the services you need.
Elder Care Network of Northern Colorado is a volunteer organization of community members and providers offering information and resources on care management, health and healthcare services, legal and financial services, well-being, and a blog about senior and family issues. Their website is a great resource for caregivers who need information on where to begin. Check out their Member Service Directory to find services that meet your needs.
The Network of Care Service Directory is an online database that can help you search for specific resources close to your home. This comprehensive directory offers information on community resources for older and disabled adults, family caregivers, and community members.
HealthInfoSource.com is a searchable database of local health-related resources in the greater Fort Collins area. Here you can find information about local doctors, dentists, counselors and other healthcare providers in northern Colorado. This service is free to the providers who are listed and free for the public to search. HealthInfoSource.com also includes listings of health-related classes and events, as well as a health topics section.
Seniors Blue Book offers comprehensive guides to aging-related resources, services, and activities by geographic region throughout the United States. You can access resources in Northern Colorado and browse service lists here.