Use the following tips for navigating the Seniors Blue Book:
- Begin by typing in your city or zip code on the homepage in the location search bar and press SEARCH.
- From here, you can select one of the main categories you are seeking information about (i.e., housing, home health & hospice, community resources, and local activities).
- This will take you to a page where you can narrow your search to a subcategory within the larger category you selected. For example, the subcategories within “Housing” are: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing & Rehab.
- Each subcategory has a brief description and a button to search for resources within that subcategory. Select the one that suits your needs.
- The next page depicts a list of organizations that provide services in that category within 30 miles of the city you entered. There are several “advanced search” options to narrow your search including: distance, cost, amenities, service type, etc. Filter the search to fit what you’re looking for
- Each organization description provides general information and contact information as well as a link to the website.
- There is also a Chat window that pops up on the site Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Make use of this option if you’d like to ask direct questions or need help navigating the site without making a phone call!