Connecting Older Adults with the Community
- Market Days! is a program offered through CSU Extension in Larimer County that encourages low-income adults aged 50 and above to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the Larimer County Farmers’ Market.
- Farmers’ markets are a great way to connect with local agriculture, get advice on how to prepare the items, and have the ability to purchase picked-fresh options.
- In addition to encouraging healthy eating habits, the farmers’ market is a vibrant community hub with live music and special events each Saturday. While at the market, older adults can socialize with friends, family, and neighbors, and engage with their community.
The Larimer County Farmers’ Market is open on Saturdays, 9:00AM to 1:00PM from May 18 to October 26, 2019 at 200 W. Oak Street.
Market Days! for Older Adults Program
- The Market Days! booth is located on the east side of the center lawn across from the flagpole. Come by to get information on aging-related resources and for cooking demonstrations.
- Voucher distribution currently involves three Fort Collins Housing Catalyst communities (Redtail, Stanford, and Shields), The Northern, and Volunteers of America Smiling Spoon dining sites including the Fort Collins Senior Center and Northside Aztlan Center.
- For information on cooking demonstrations, tours of the Farmer’s Market, and transportation to the market, contact Kali LeMaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to donate to Market Days! for Active Adults? Contact Alison O’Connor at the Larimer County Extension Office: email@example.com or 970-498-6000.